Lots of people make lists of things they’d like to do or see before they hit the dirty thirty. When I think about approaching the big 3-0, I think about the bad habits, stubborn traits and short cuts of my 20’s that I don’t want to carry into the next decade.
Here are 30 things I’m working on in my 29th year, in no particular order:
- reconnect with estranged friends and family, even if it means forgiving and forgetting.
- be open to new ideas and different perspectives.
- be informed; ignorance is not bliss.
- accept that perfection is impossible. and boring.
- don’t let irrational fear win.
- keep learning new things.
- worry about nothing, pray about everything. (Philippians 4:7)
- spend more time outside.
- stop falling asleep to the television.
- start playing the violin again.
- make exercise a priority.
- ask for help and/or graciously accept when it’s offered.
- take constructive criticism and…
View original post 106 more words